Skip to main content

8 is Great

Super excited about having the Dells in the room along with the Ipads - the kids need to be able to work on both a PC and Mac.  I am planning an Andy Rooney project along with the persuasion unit and the kids can use the Dell camera as well as I movie - great to know we have additional tools.

AND learned how to sync the classroom Ipads off my teacher Ipad

Regarding classroom management - the kids are really good about using the technology.  Currently I have a cow with 20 Macs that they have used off and on all year.  They are good citizens and take good care of them.  As 8th graders I don't feel like they should be micro managed.  The expectations for behavior were set at the beginning of the year.  "it is important to have clear guidelines and procedures in place so students know and understand the expectations for classroom use." Agreed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PREAP ELA Fall Final Semester Review 2016

Each student is responsible for printing out the review sheet. Please use the quizlet links to study! Pre-Ap Lit Terms –  https://quizlet.com/_1spfdd Grammar Terms –  https://quizlet.com/_1sphtd PREAP ELA FALL SEMESTER REVIEW 2016 Items on the Final: BLOOMS- Know each level in order 6 questions Literary Elements- Matching 16 questions - make sure you have memorized the bright yellow sheet in your Writer's notebook Poetry Analysis - 6 questions Denotation/connotation identification- 5 questions Grammar - 16 questions parts of speech identification and application.   The Pearl- 8 questions- you will be given quotes to analyze Lit Elements in The Pearl The Crucible 14 comprehension and analysis questions Theme identification - 5 questions Literary Elements : matching questions in addition to usage for application/analysis questions throughout the test –   Literary Elements application questions ·       ...

9th Grade Required Reading - High School

Memorial High School Required Reading  9TH GRADE Questions? Please contact Mrs. Jasek at lindsay.jasek@springbranchisd.com. Gr. 9 English I, English I Pre-AP and English I Pre-AP Ludic reading, or reading for pleasure, is an expectation throughout the school year. For 20 minutes every Friday, students will be expected to read a book of their choosing. In preparation for this, the English I team encourages students to read high-interest novels throughout the summer. The following is a list of novels that past students have enjoyed. Feel free to choose from this list or to find something else that suits your interests: o The Help by Kathryn Stockett o Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel o Ready Player One by Ernest Cline o The Mountain Between Us by Charles Martin o A Separate Peace by John Knowles o The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls o Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card Stratford HS Required Reading PreAP English I Read one of the following books, ana...

PreAP /GT ELA March 2 - 6

March 2nd Lit Circles "The Trouble with Geniuses Part One"  Theme Passout additional Worksheet with SGQ's for Part One:  Text Evidence March 3rd In Lit Circles Discuss SGQ's for Part one Read/Annotate "The Trouble with Geniuses Part Two" Complete Part Two SGQ's/Theme/Claim Support == Due Friday for Lit Circles March 4th Writer's Workshop Evaluate/Revise AF Essay-- due Thursday Passout Flower's Essay Prompts March 5th Select Prompt Create Thesis/Topic Sentences Select Text Evidence March 6th Lit Circles "The Trouble with Geniuses Part Two" Writers Workshop TYPED RD DUE MONDAY March 9th.